Thursday, December 1, 2011

Thanksgiving

My Thanksgiving holiday seemed to be an overall success. Thursday we went to my in-laws. I made ham, baked salmon, and mash potatoes. It was a load, but I forced myself to do it.We also brought apple cider and a pumpkin pie. The party started at about 1pm. We ate, sang karaoke, and played pictionary. On Friday, we went up to San Francisco where we celebrated Thanksgiving with my side of the family. This is my mom's side which consists of her sisters, one brother and his wife, and my grandparents. On the ride to San Francisco I sometimes get a little anxious because there has always been some type of drama going on. I really hate it, but its no surprise to me because I'm accustomed to the craziness of it all. The party started at about 12:30 and ended at 11pm, an all day and night event. We have the best food. Moist turkey, Filipino Food, pies, appetizers, foodnetwork appetizers- the works. After eating, we play board games. Starts off with Taboo and then ends with Pictionary. Next we lounge in the living room on the couches where we talk, sleep, and watch movies. Then talk, sleep, and watch movies. Did I say talk, sleep, and watch movies? lol Anyway, the ladies decide to leave the men at my grandpa's and go shopping. I end up buying two shirts for my daughter. After the mall we go back to my Grampa's house. One of my uncles suggest we go to the pier to walk around. Thus began the drama of the night. Its between my aunt and uncle. They argue because my uncle doesn't want to go. The whole family has to migrate to a separate room to let them have privacy while we fiddle with our thumbs and wait. Some of us argue in whispers over who's right (my aunt or my uncle). My aunt is pregnant, so I was really worried about her.They stop arguing and agree to go, but in separate cars.We end up all going to fisherman's wharf. We take pictures by the huge Christmas tree, drink hot coco, and then go back home.

Vocab:    

cosmological: pertaining to the branch of astronomy dealing with the origin and history and structure and dynamics of the universe; "cosmologic science"; "cosmological redshift"; "cosmogonic theories of the origin of the universe"

covetousness: is the inordinate love of wealth, and the power that wealth gives, whether it is manifested by miserly hoarding or by lavish spending. It is a peculiarly earth-bound sin, looking to nothing beyond the rewards of this life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment