Friday, November 18, 2011

Papers papers papers

We are now nearing the end of the semester and the pressure is on. With all my school work and issues I have at home, I am seriously mentally f*cked. I'm trying to exert all my worry and stress into a focused state right now. I'm trying to think of a thesis for a term paper coming up. Its on the Somali Civil War. I'm interested in this war because it is on-going and involves international help. I have to really know every aspect of this war because I'm doing a presentation on it this Monday.

Based on my research so far, I've learned about how the opposing sides to the civil war involves the insurgents which is the Shabab and Somali pirates. Since Somalia is a failed state and because their government has collapsed, their are many civilians who are just waiting to be saved from violent wars amongst different tribes. Many of them are Somali refugees who fled to Kenya (a neighboring state), but most are still in Somalia.

I hope I can finish my paper up by Sunday. Have a good weekend! Tootles!

Vocab:

vituperative: Bitter and abusive.

pogram: A pogrom is a form of violent riot, a mob attack directed against a particular group, whether ethnic, religious, or other, and characterized by killings and destruction of their homes and properties, businesses, and religious centres. The term usually carries connotation of spontaneous hatred within the majority population against certain (usually ethnic) minorities, which they see as dangerous and harming the interests of the majority.

No comments:

Post a Comment