Thursday, December 8, 2011

Almost the end

Class today was a nightmare. I let my nerves get the best of me during my presentation. I practiced too, but each word that came out just plain sucked (no flow to it at all with pauses in between). As I walked out the door, I was like what the F just happened. I guess I couldn't blame the folks for dozing off or looking at their laptops. But, really? At least pretend like your listening a**holes. Thanks to the ones who were polite and went through the torture with me.:) Besides feeling super disappointed in myself, I over analyzed this single event and summed it up to predict how the rest of my public speaking engagements are going to be like. Awesome. I know this was just one moment, but I'm really beating myself up for it.

Anyway, now its time to study for Finals. Yippee. I feel relief that it will all be over soon and at the same time anxious. The only thing that is keeping me somewhat sane right now are my kids. If I give up now, I'll not only let myself down, but Elijah and Lex as well. Why do I feel like giving up? Well, its just all bad (not gonna go into detail). The last thing I need is to throw myself a pity party and I don't want anyone else thinking that is what I'm all about.

Vocab:

beloved: 
adj- Dearly loved
noun- A much loved person.

abrogate:
Repeal or do away with (a law, right, or formal agreement).








No comments:

Post a Comment