Thursday, December 8, 2011

Feelin' the Holiday Spirit

Last Sunday we bought our first Christmas tree for the condo. It's about 5 feet tall, we don't have a large living room so a small one will do. Me, my husband and the kids went to Home Depot near the Great Mall to pick up our Noble Fir. It was about 35 bucks all together (20 for the tree and 13 for the stand) plus tax. After we bought the tree, my husband took us to dinner at Outback. Bloomin' Onion was delish and so was the Wallaby Darn (peach Belinni). It was a nice night with just the four of us. We went home, put up our Christmas tree and we all contributed to decorating it. First, we wrapped the tree with white lights. Then put on the silver and red ornaments. I bought an "A" ornament and a "E" ornament, A for Alexa and E for Elijah. Those went towards the very top of the tree. We also put a glass cross near the top as well and a silver ornament that says Believe. My son chose this huge blue star for his ornament at the store, you would think that the star would stick out like a sore thumb, but it actually puts more color on the tree. My husband and I laughed with adoration when he put it on because the blue star suits him (it says Elijah). Comcast has holiday hits on one of the music channels, so Christmas music was playing softly in the background. It was perfect. This is when I'm at my happiest- doing simple things with the fams.

Vocab:

uxorious: Excessively submissive or devoted to one's wife.

mellifluous: Sweet or musical; pleasant to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment