Thursday, September 8, 2011

A night to forget or a night to remember?

Wow. Where do I begin? I guess I’ll start off with Friday. This day was mainly preparation time for saying goodbye to the last three decades of my life. My husband planned a 30th birthday party for me at the Bubble Lounge in San Francisco and I wanted to look and feel my best. I started off my day with getting my nails done and bought a few Hollywood glam essentials- fake eyelashes, a new dress, and new pumps to complete my outfit. The entire time I was thinking I don't need any of this but I said to myself "heck with it, I only turn 30 once." Saturday morning comes and I have another nail appointment...this time for a pedicure. I go to my nail appointment, then drive to my mom's to borrow a full set of bling. This set of bling consists of Judith Ripka heart earrings, matching necklace and of course the bracelet. I thank my mom and say tootles because my husband and I still needed to drop off our son at my in-laws before our friends came over our house. Saying goodbye to my son is never easy. My husband says, I always complain about us not having enough time to spend together alone, yet when it comes to leaving our son I don't want to leave him. Yup, I'm an indecisive weirdo at times. After dropping off our son Elijah, we return to our home and I start to get ready. My hair is curled, make-up is flawless, and the outfit is bangin'. Ding-dong there goes the doorbell. In walks our friends and I could feel the hype. Our pre party begins with Captain Morgan, Ciroc, and Dr.Pepper which is laid out for us on our table. Four Ciroc shots later, I climb into the backseat of our truck and I feel excited because I know people are coming out to see me for my birthday and I can't wait to see all my friends. Then paranoia sinks in. It's been a while since I've been under the influence and riding in a car. My girlfriends who are also riding with us in our car, tell me to take a couple more shots out of the Ciroc bottle so I can loosen up a little before getting into the lounge. What a mistake! I remember going in, sitting on a red couch and drinking champagne. The rest of the night is history. F*CK. According to my husband and my girlfriends, I did some real embarrassing sh*t. Here is a highlight...I'm not going to go over everything because now I feel like a real dumb sh*t. I wanted to fight some random guy. He was an innocent bystander who just needed a place to sit and my drunk a** thought I was some high and mighty princess who owned the damn place. I told him "we have a reservation and I don't know you, so leave". I also said something to the effect of "I don't know this motherf*cker!" Super classy right? I also fell three times in the club and outside of the club. One in the middle of the street on Embarcadero and God knows where else. F*CK. To top it all off I lost my mom's bracelet. Once I got home and realized it was missing, I cried. I crashed out around 2am and woke up at 7am to dry heave. I couldn't sleep until 9am because I felt so sick. I couldn't throw up anything and I still felt drunk. 
When I finally got a couple hours of rest and woke up, flashes of the night before kicked in. Nooooooooo! Humiliation is not even the word to describe the state I was in. I was beyond mortified. It's sad really. I hope I didn't embarrass my husband...well, at least not that much. A night to remember? Hell-to-the-no!

Sunday wasn't so bad, our friends threw a clambake at their house, a seafood fest rather. I ate, smoked a joint, played beer pong then went home and passed out. Monday, my in-laws hosted a bbq for another one of my birthday celebrations. This was really nice because I felt much physically better and it was also nice to have my side of the family present as well. Overall, I guess you could say there is an upside to my weekend. Sunday and Monday was awesome. I also ended up calling some of my friends and apologized for my behavior on Saturday night. Some were sweet and told me there was no need for apologizing because it was my birthday and anything goes and yada yada. And of course some of them told me straight up how sloppy I was. My husband told me nearly everything that happened that night even though it was painful to hear. I'm appreciative of all of it.

Vocabulary words:

Talmud:  Noun- The body of Jewish civil and ceremonial law and legend comprising the Mishnah (text) and the Gemara (commentary).

doublet: 1. Either of a pair of similar things, in particular.
             2. Either of two words of the same historical source, but with two different stages of entry into the      language and different resultant meanings, for example fashion and faction, cloak and clock.





2 comments:

  1. Wow. Sounds like you've had one heck-of-a weekend. So sweet of your husband to plan something like that for you... though I'm sure most would believe it's to be expected right? And don't worry about the sloppiness... you're hubby must have sh*t load of embarrassing (drunk) moments himself. I mean... who doesn't right? Party on! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm... it's apparent that I forgot to proof-read my comment. What I meant to say was "You're hubby must have A (AYE) sh*t load of embarassing yada yada yada..."

    I'll remember to proof-read next time!

    ReplyDelete