Thursday, September 1, 2011

My first sigh

So, I've been sitting here for the last 15 minutes contemplating what to write. I've come to realize that I want to use this blog to benefit me, and not only do this as a "requirement". So, I'm going to write my first blog to describe the state I am feeling as my second week of school has begun. Right now, I feel anxious. I'm in my second to last semester and I really can't believe I'm finally here. I will be 30 years old in three days. So go ahead do the math. Yes, I graduated high school in 99' and have been taking college courses for over ten years now. Do I feel ashamed? In a way I do. I overhear student's conversations about them going on their fifth year at SJSU, but graduated high school in 06'.  In silent sarcasm I think “Yippeeee! You’re soooo old!” and somberly remind myself that I’m a decade older than they are.  But at least I have a goal and I'm pushing myself toward it. Being a mom, wife, and student is not easy. I wonder how the mom's that have to work and have a family can manage having the "balance" that keeps their lives sane. It seems I will shortly find out...that is hopefully, if I find a job after I graduate and my kids will stay good and not drive me up the wall. At first I sort of groaned about writing this blog, but now I'm excited about it.  Some say writing is a great way to have an outlet when it comes to venting. And boy do I have much to vent about. I could finally give my husband a break!

Vocabulary words:

jurisprudence: 1) the theory or philosophy of law 2) a legal system

transgressions: 1) the act of transgressing; the violation of a law or duty or moral principle

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you have good intentions, but how do you know that your husband even requires a break from your 'vent'? Perhaps it is during these venting\sharing sessions that are amongst the most important times of a chaotic week.

    ReplyDelete